UPDATE: Awards Deadline has been extended to June 2, 2023
AWARD FOR LEADERSHIP IN NURSING EDUCATION
Alberta Nursing Education Administrators would like to honour both the nursing educators and preceptors who demonstrate leadership in undergraduate and graduate nursing education.
Nominations are welcome for the following categories:
- Educators: LPN, RPN, RN, NP
- Preceptors: LPN, RPN, RN, NP
An individual or team will be awarded $500 in each of the categories. Eight awards in total will be awarded.
Please see the ANEA Awards Newsletter to read about the 2022 recipients.
Criteria for Selection of Award Recipients
Individuals or teams who have demonstrated exemplary leadership and commitment to nursing student education in one or more of the following areas:
- Advancement of nursing education
- Education program development and delivery
- Educational organization involvement
- Scholarship in areas of teaching and learning
- Focus on enhancing development of nursing students and creating effective practice environments for learning
Nominations are welcome for each of four separate categories:
Nominations and Selection Process
- Potential recipients (individuals or teams) are nominated by a nursing colleague who has firsthand knowledge of the nominee’s educational practice with students.
- All submissions are to include the nomination letter and one letter of support:
- The nomination letter (dated, signed, two-page maximum, see instructions below)
- and one additional letter from the nominee’s director/chairperson/dean/supervisor or alternatively from a colleague or student
- Send submissions to email@example.com
- If additional letters and documentation are included, they will not reviewed
- Current ANEA members are not eligible for nomination.
- Past recipients are not eligible for nomination for five years following their first award. Any future nominations must be significantly different from the previous nomination(s).
- Nominations will be open March 15- June 2, 2023.
- Nominations are reviewed by the ANEA Nursing Education Awards Selection Committee.
- Winners will be announced June 15, 2023.
Award Nomination Instructions
Thank you for taking the time to recognize a nursing colleague through this nomination for a Leadership in Nursing Education Award. To nominate an individual or team for one of the 9 awards available in 2023, please email the following information (and one additional letter of support) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note all of the information requested is required and must be included in the nomination letter unless otherwise noted.
- Name of the person nominating the individual/team.
- Nominator’s Email address and phone number.
- Category of the nomination. Leadership in Nursing Education- Educator Award (LPN, RPN, RN, NP). OR Leadership in Nursing Education- Preceptor Award (LPN, RPN, RN, NP).
- Name of the nominee or team.
- Nominee’s Email address and phone number (if the nomination is for a team please provide contact information for the best contact person affiliated with this team).
- Provide a summary of the nominee’s experience in nursing education (institution, program/service, job title, length of service, and primary role and responsibilities) or as a preceptor (agency/organization, job title, years of providing preceptorship, and primary role and responsibilities).
- Provide a summary of the nominee’s characteristics, qualities, attributes, values, skills, professionalism, and unique contributions, that showcase their leadership in nursing education.
- If applicable, share a summary of awards, merits or accomplishments of the nominee, which highlights their qualifications for the award nomination. (share any additional information and/or qualifications significant to the information).
- Feel free to add any additional information you would like considered as part of the nomination for the individual or team. This should pertain to leadership in nursing education.
Please send the nomination letter along with an additional letter of support to email@example.com.
Nominations will be received from March 15, 2023 to June 2, 2023, winners and nominees will be notified by June 15, 2023.